ROMAN VLAHOVIC is a studio for design and research within the field of architecture and design. For them, the designing process is an open field of possibilities that does not only question physical boundaries of space, but also provides answers to the phenomena of contemporary society and culture. In their approach, they use techniques in which they replace one-way architectural concepts with a series of parallel narratives, thereby provoking new and unexpected situations. Their interest lies in juxtaposing various fields of human knowledge, especially architecture, culture and information sciences.
MIRO ROMAN was born in 1983 in Zagreb. He received Master’s degree in architecture from the Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb. From 2011 to 2012, he attended the Master of Advanced Studies programme “Architecture and Information” at the Chair of CAAD, ETH Zürich. He has participated in numerous award-winning urban and architectural competitions. Since 2004 he is collaborating with Luka Vlahović. Currently he is a researcher and a PhD candidate at Future Cities Laboratory, interdisciplinary research programme of the Singapore ETH Centre for Global Environmental Sustainability (SEC).
LUKA VLAHOVIĆ was born in 1983 in Zagreb. He received Master's degree in architecture from the Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb. He has participated in numerous award-winning urban and architectural competitions. Since 2004 he is collaborating with Miro Roman. Currently he is a freelance architect.
- - 10/2014 - Lacescape Table, Ljubljana Month Of Design 2014, Brands & Signs, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- - 09/2014 - Lacescape Table, Exhibition of Croatian Design 1314; Zagreb, Croatia
- - 06/2014 - Lacescape Table, D-Day; 5. International Design Festival, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 06/2013 - Object Vs. Population – 3D Printed Generative Jewellery, D-day; 4. International design festival, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2012 - Hvidra memorial, 47th Zagreb Salon of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 10/2012 - Object vs. Population – 3d printed generative jewellery, Ljubljana Month of Design 2012, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- - 09/2010 - Recognising praxis, DAR, Rijeka, Croatia
- - 10/2009 - Forest City, 44th Zagreb Salon of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2011 - EUROPAN 11 Dubrovnik pacemaker (with Josip Mičetić), honourable mention, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- - 09/2009 - Hvidra memorial (with Iva Baljkas), 1. prize, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 10/2009 - Regulation of Hermann Bolle's alley (with Iva Baljkas, Josip Mičetić), 2.prize, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 05/2008 - City Park Špansko (with Erna Pajnić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2007 - Extension of Ksaver Šandor Gjalski school, Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 09/2007 - City cemeterys extension complex on Mirogoj (with Iskra Kirin, Josip Mičetić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 07/2004 - Urban plan Gračani dolje (with Iva Baljkas, Hrvoje Čop, Tomislav Katić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 04/2014 - Storytelling, OFF AF, Faculty of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 09/2010 - Context, Architectural symposium - Recognising praxis, DAR, Rijeka, Croatia
publications on RV projects:
- - Komazlić, Antonija (2014). ‘Through the Looking Glass’, Oris magazine 89: 240 – 249.
- - Hržić, Marjan (2012). ‘Hvidra Memorial, Dubrovnik Pacemaker’, in Expanding the Horizon: Croatian Urbanism 1991-2011,
- 174, 175, 228, 229. Croatian Architects Association.