My name is ROMAN VLAHOVIC. I am a practicing architect, researcher, designer, scientist, artist and also nothing from the stated… I live and work in Zagreb and Zürich. I am an avatar, a project, a brand, a materialized discussion between Luka Vlahovic, Miro Roman and many others, who I get in contact with. I am interested in rethinking design ”from a city to a ring’’, from an abstract informational object to its physical manifestation.
MIRO ROMAN is a researcher, architect and a designer from Zagreb. Miro holds a Master of Advanced Studies degree in Computer Aided Architectural Design from ETH Zürich, and a Master in Architecture degree from the University of Zagreb. Since 2004 he is collaborating with Luka Vlahović. From 2013 to 2015 he was a part of the Future Cities Laboratory, interdisciplinary research programme of the Singapore ETH Centre for Global Environmental Sustainability (SEC). Currently he is a researcher and a PhD candidate at the Chair of CAAD at ETH Zürich.
LUKA VLAHOVIĆ is an architect and a designer form Zagreb. He received Master's degree in architecture from the Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb. He has participated in numerous award-winning urban and architectural competitions. Since 2004 he is collaborating with Miro Roman.
- - 10/2015 - Lacescape Table, WantedDesign; Ikon Arts Foundation; Croatian Design Showcase, New York, USA
- - 10/2014 - Lacescape Table, Ljubljana Month Of Design 2014; Brands & Signs, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- - 09/2014 - Lacescape Table, Exhibition of Croatian Design 1314, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 06/2014 - Lacescape Table, D-Day; 5. International Design Festival, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 06/2013 - Object Vs. Population – 3D Printed Generative Jewellery, D-day; 4. International design festival, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2012 - Hvidra memorial, 47th Zagreb Salon of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 10/2012 - Object vs. Population – 3d printed generative jewellery, Ljubljana Month of Design 2012, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- - 09/2010 - Recognising praxis, DAR, Rijeka, Croatia
- - 10/2009 - Forest City, 44th Zagreb Salon of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2011 - EUROPAN 11 Dubrovnik pacemaker (with Josip Mičetić), honourable mention, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- - 09/2009 - Hvidra memorial (with Iva Baljkas), 1. prize, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 10/2009 - Regulation of Hermann Bolle's alley (with Iva Baljkas, Josip Mičetić), 2.prize, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 05/2008 - City Park Špansko (with Erna Pajnić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 12/2007 - Extension of Ksaver Šandor Gjalski school, Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 09/2007 - City cemeterys extension complex on Mirogoj (with Iskra Kirin, Josip Mičetić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 07/2004 - Urban plan Gračani dolje (with Iva Baljkas, Hrvoje Čop, Tomislav Katić), Honourable mention, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 04/2014 - Storytelling, OFF AF, Faculty of Architecture, Zagreb, Croatia
- - 09/2010 - Context, Architectural symposium - Recognising praxis, DAR, Rijeka, Croatia
publications on RV projects:
- - Komazlić, Antonija (2014). ‘Through the Looking Glass’, Oris magazine 89: 240 – 249.
- - Hržić, Marjan (2012). ‘Hvidra Memorial, Dubrovnik Pacemaker’, in Expanding the Horizon: Croatian Urbanism 1991-2011,
- 174, 175, 228, 229. Croatian Architects Association.